[aklug] Re: [aklug-ops] Re: How to Make a Contribution to AKLUG

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 14:50:02 AKST

We have had it for 3 years and we got it so that companies could
donate good systems to us and be able to write it off. We in turn
would do something with the systems we got. This has not happened and
there is nobody trying to initiate something that would make the
incorporation useful and relevant.

What are we using it for and what is it giving us that we wouldn't
have without it. If there is a legitimate reason then we need to be
honest with ourselves and see if anyone is motivated enough to do the
work. Answer Arthurs question, it is a good question and it needs to
be addressed and it really is the first question we should ask each
year as these fees come due.

Jon