[aklug] Re: How to Make a Contribution to AKLUG

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 15:12:39 AKST

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Mike Tibor wrote:

>> That wasn't the case several years ago, but if that is the situation now,
>> how hard is it to confirm it?
>
> The stuff that Lee just mentioned in his message is mainly what I was
> thinking of.

For the record, Mike, that wasn't a shot directed at you. That was directed
at those who couldn't even muster the energy over the period of a week to
hit a couple of keys and say what both you & Lee have said, even when they
had the energy to send out a missive asking for money.

I don't know if it's apathy, arrogance, or a sense of entitlement that leads
to that sequence of events, but I have rarely been as disgusted by what's
going on as I am right now.

Also for the record: I know that Fielder and crew ate the cost of the legal
entity with the best of intentions, and I really don't care if they continue
to do so. But now that we're at the point of making it a shared sacrifice,
and something done in all of our names, I'd like my sacrifices to mean
something. The irony is that if Fielder has just said "Highland wouldn't
lend us the use of their facility without an entity to assume liability"
(assuming that was true -- ignoring for the moment that what we have still
fails that small test since we don't carry our own insurance to cover
incidents at official functions) or something similar I would have cash in
his hands by close of business.

But, instead, all I heard was the sound of silence. And I don't even like
that song...

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die