[aklug] xorg keyboard problem

From: John Phelps <akz3r0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 20:38:46 AKST

I received a new keyboard for Christmas, a "Kensington Pilotboard".
Very nice toy, but with a few bugs. First off some of the multimedia keys
were detected by Kubuntu and work perfectly, like the volume and calculator
buttons. Kudos to Canonical / Kubuntu for that.
However my 2 problems are:

   1. The "sleep" key is pre assigned and puts my machine to sleep. But
   my machine cannot resume from sleep (according to online sources because of
   the Nvidia closed source driver). I want to disable or change that key but
   have no idea what daemon is waiting for that keypress or what config file to
   edit.
   2. Half of the multimedia keys do not work. There is no keycode output
   to 'xev'. So Xorg does not see those keys. How do I add these?

Thanks for the help :)

John
KL4YFD