[aklug] Re: secondary or backup Email service

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 11:43:09 AKST

I'm sure that's good stuff. Thought about it my self. Here's the
problem. Clients have asked for their own email server. Why? Who knows.
I tell them to find someone to host it. They come back with different
reasons why that won't work. I figured if people are going to ask for
email solutions I might as well be hosting my own.

   1. I think it looks and sounds cool to say I host my own email
   2. I can show off my solution
   3. Keeps me in the email server management mode

Here's what I'm using. It's all Open and Free.

    * Zimbra - It's a prepackaged groupware solution
          o Postfix
          o Apache
          o IMAP
          o POP3