Re: MythTV Presentation

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 12:25:32 AKDT

Quoting Stanley Long <slong@acsalaska.net>:

> jonr@destar.net wrote:
>> I am planning on doing a MythTV presentation on Oct. 12th at the
>> Friday night session. I will be going over installing and configuring
>> MythTV and some of the features that it has. If anybody has anything
>> that they would like me to touch on as I go through it please respond
>> and let me know.
>>
>> Jon
>
> Jon, have you looked at LinuxMCE?
> It claims to incorporate MythTV and provides a canned install disk.
>
> Are you able to say something about how that "whole house" package makes
> use of MythTV?
>
> Does it greatly modify functionalities you have in your implementation?
>
> I have been looking into the LinuxMCE equipment controller functions
> (lights, sprinklers, heaters, receptacles, etc) but security
> applications don't go far w/o video these days. :-)
>
> Stanley

There is another one called Pluto at plutohome.com, I haven't looked =20
into linuxmce but checking out their website I will begin to. Myth has =20
two canned packages, MythDora and KnoppMyth that make the install of =20
MythTV so much more uncomplicated than when I first started using it.

I don't have the answers to your questions Stan but I will begin to =20
look into the LinuxMCE and if I decide to try it out, I will do a =20
presentation to the group on what happens.

Jon