Re: MythTV Presentation

From: Stanley Long <slong@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 12:12:41 AKDT

jonr@destar.net wrote:
> I am planning on doing a MythTV presentation on Oct. 12th at the
> Friday night session. I will be going over installing and configuring
> MythTV and some of the features that it has. If anybody has anything
> that they would like me to touch on as I go through it please respond
> and let me know.
>
> Jon

Jon, have you looked at LinuxMCE?
It claims to incorporate MythTV and provides a canned install disk.

Are you able to say something about how that "whole house" package makes
use of MythTV?

Does it greatly modify functionalities you have in your implementation?

I have been looking into the LinuxMCE equipment controller functions
(lights, sprinklers, heaters, receptacles, etc) but security
applications don't go far w/o video these days. :-)

Stanley