Re: A New Focus for AKLUG

From: Neil Moomey <neil@neilmoomey.com>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 15:19:56 AKDT

There are a fair number of good programmers in Alaska but I doubt there are
many open source projects in the works right now. I know Arthur has done
some. It's more specialized and harder to do as a User Group. It's hard to
teach classes when everyone is not at the same level of experience. A good
way to get started in an existing Open Source project is to volunteer for
some of the documentation or website maintenance. There are plenty of
openings for that. Most Open Source software teams are international vs a
group of locals getting together on Friday nights. They don't sleep much
either.

Neil