Tonight's meeting and connectivity

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 09:00:39 AKDT

I'm looking forward to Mike Baker's demonstration tonight. I hope
those that don't normally go to the AKLUG meetings make a special
effort to go see what Mike has to share.

After reading Fielder's endorsement, it should be good.

Also, I asked privately about the possibility of the group as a whole
having our own clearwire or other mobil internet connection. From the
reponses I got, it seemed right to bring it forward to the entire group.

This wouldn't work unless at a minimum 20 of us wanted to do it. For
the least expensive service of ClearWire, it would be 24/yr for each
person wanting to do this. I didn't look at any of the other services.

I realize that Jim,Doug and others have been bringing their
connections, but I didn't think it appropriate that they might end up
feeling guilty about not bringing it some Friday.

This is just an idea.

Anyone have opinions about this?

Mike B.