Re: Norhtec computer for security camera

From: Ben Everitt <ben.everitt@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 08:30:23 AKDT

I had a zoneminder install working for about 8 months. The zoneminder
software was pretty buggy (at least back then). Motion detection in
general takes a lot of patience and understanding. It works best in very
controlled environments like views down a hallway at night. Outdoor
motion detection is very very difficult because of the wind, weather,
and animals up here. It was nearly impossible to find a good setting
recipe that would work. A man has the visual mass of a cat at 100'.......

-Ben