Re: AKLUG Monthly flyer

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 00:00:52 AKDT

On 8/22/07, barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net> wrote:

> OK. Here is the updated version. Unless I overlooked something, and
> barring serious objections from everyone, I'd like to go with this.
>
> ftp://ftp.aklug.org/graphics/aklugmonthly.pdf
>
> It prints nice too!
>
> Mike B.

Good job over all. There are a couple of things (well, three things) that
caught my eye though.

1. I don't think the "A.K.A." line is really needed.

2. I think the reference to "the Old Boniface Mall" is inappropriate because
the space is now "The Education Center" of the Anchorage School District.
Highland Tech rents the space they are in from the Anchorage School District
(if I understand the relationship between the charter school and the ASD
which is subject to correction).

3. The color and contrast are great except for the gray AKLUG at the top.
How about red? Well, some color that will come out distinct when printed on
a plain black ink laser printer.

Then there is one factual item, that of the "When" section at the bottom.

As far as I know, and as far as I plan my Friday evenings, AKLUG meets every
Friday, not just the second Friday of the month.

Finally, the wording of the "What" does not appeal to me. At the moment I
have no recommendation. Sigh!

--
Fielder George Dowding, KL7FHX
dba Iceworm Enterprises