Re: NTFS recovery in Linux

From: Ben Everitt <ben.everitt@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 16:50:49 AKDT

I have used knoppix to save NTFS data via USB more than a dozen times
now. I've run into issues while attempting to write to NTFS, but pulling
data is effortless.

1. mount volume
2. browse disk to prove indexing is still working
3. mount to network
4. startup samba server
5. backup to any device on your network

Knoppix STD has some interesting tools on it you may wish to look into
also; using it you may be able to recover items on that drive and save
yourself a re-build.

-Ben