Re: ftp.aklug.org

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 18:34:33 AKDT

I hear Alexander Graham Bell was onto a solution for this, I wonder
how that turned out :)

I would love a thread on peercast, video + sip via ekiga/etc and some
asterisk love to go back and forth on remote participation.

I know UAA uses some crazy windows junk to have essentially an IRC
channel, and live video which most of the teachers and students use in
the nursing department. Under the underdog OS's Peercast and IRC
would suit that the cause very well, the Peercast network is P2P
reducing the bandwidth requirements of the AKLUG meeting for any video
streams or screen captures.

Shane