IRC and other things

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 16:08:43 AKDT

It's great to see that folks are taking the initiative to open up more
lines of communication.

The IRC channel is moderated by one of our members and we had a
discussion about the language that was used. We agreed that it was not
appropriate.

However, since he didn't know Shane, I think his general stance was justified.

It doesn't make sense to just hand out access without verification.

Shane, if your interested in changing the IRC topic, and feel like
you'll want to do it on a somewhat consistent basis, how about sharing
that here on the mail list.

What were your thoughts on how we might use IRC? I find it a usefull
tool to ask knowledgeable folks questions.

Does anyone have any concerns about IRC getting missused as an attack
vector to "innocent" users?

Mike B.