Re: Loss of keyboard input in X.

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 20:58:19 AKDT

Make sure SSH is installed and log in from another machine when this
happens. Check /var/log/syslog or whatever your distro prefers to see
if anything happened to the input driver.

You can also just plain reboot and see what the syslog holds.

Can you use Ctrl-Alt-F1 at all to get to a console? Knowing that helps
narrow it down to input device/driver vs X11 issues.