Re: IT Expo planning

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 12:42:38 AKDT

On Tuesday 13 March 2007, barsalou wrote:
> Damien mentioned the IT Expo in a recent e-mail, so I wanted to start
> planning what we might want to do....I know, I know... it's only
> March....and the thing isn't till October!
>
> My experience has been is that if we don't start now, we will be well
> behind the curve when the time comes.
>
> I'd like to suggest that folks take a look through the archives to look
> at some of the things we have done in the past for IT Expos.
>
> Here are a few topics to start things off:
>
> - Presentations that people would like to do
> - Who is going to man the AKLUG booth.
> - ideas on raising money to pay for what we need.
> - Sell/Give away AKLUG items (T-shirts, Hats, etc?)
> - Theme of this years booth.
> - Demonstrations of Fedora, Suse, Ubuntu (and SWAG)
>
> There are tons of other things to consider. We always have a plethora
> of ideas on what to do, but what we really need is people to help.
>
> The more people we have, the easier it will be to man the booth and
> accomplish the other tasks that need to be done as we move forward.
>
> Let's kick this off with a bang and see what happens.

I'll help. I do think we should have a booth on the floor. This means
raising $$. I am terrible at asking for $$ but I will donate $200 towards
the booth.

What is an easy way to get $$ to Aklug ? Aklug has a bank account. Can I
get $$ into the account from the comfort of my computer ?

--
Greg Madden