IT Expo planning

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 22:11:36 AKDT

Damien mentioned the IT Expo in a recent e-mail, so I wanted to start
planning what we might want to do....I know, I know... it's only
March....and the thing isn't till October!

My experience has been is that if we don't start now, we will be well
behind the curve when the time comes.

I'd like to suggest that folks take a look through the archives to look
at some of the things we have done in the past for IT Expos.

Here are a few topics to start things off:

- Presentations that people would like to do
- Who is going to man the AKLUG booth.
- ideas on raising money to pay for what we need.
- Sell/Give away AKLUG items (T-shirts, Hats, etc?)
- Theme of this years booth.
- Demonstrations of Fedora, Suse, Ubuntu (and SWAG)

There are tons of other things to consider. We always have a plethora
of ideas on what to do, but what we really need is people to help.

The more people we have, the easier it will be to man the booth and
accomplish the other tasks that need to be done as we move forward.

Let's kick this off with a bang and see what happens.

Mike B.