Open Source software is moving to fast

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 20:24:03 AKST

I run Ubuntu Dapper. It's my distribution of choice. More then a few
Ubuntu users have found this strange. I get comments like "You're still
on Dapper". For those who don't know Dapper only came out last summer.
I've been using it for about six months. The new version is Edgy. I
think it's been out for about two months or so. Maybe a little longer.

Why should my use of Dapper be considered "old school"? I've only had it
for six months.

Unfortunately for me I may need to upgrade to Edgy. There is a software
package in Edgy that has features I want. I either have to add these
features to Dapper or upgrade to Edgy.

Where do the open source developers find time to write all this code?
Shouldn't they get time off? Maybe they should come up with an open
source holiday for developers. If not for their sake for mine. How is a
Linux user supposed to have a life or get any work done when we have to
watch for new updates to software we just installed?

Well, I deserve a drink. Then I will install Edgy. In less then six
months I'll have another drink and install Feisty Fawn.