Re: Backups work!

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 22:42:32 AKST

I use rsnapshot on every workstation and server under my control. I
can rewind a whole system to 7 days or up to 4 weekly intervals easily
and selectively. I used it the other day to rewind (stupid phrase) my
workstation after I did a ton of funky changes to my workstation while
testing some software. Hardlinks are Key.

I am attempting to write a similar freeware app for XP/2003 using
Volume Shadow services and librsync or similar. Its such a freaking
pain, good news is NTFS supports hard links. I want this because
Veritas makes me cry.

Anyways Damien you are very fortunate to have found that data. If you
are like most geeks you can't remember where you placed your left
foot, much less data.