State of the Organization

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 21:51:52 AKST

 From time to time, we get reports from our governments, businesses
that we invest in, etc, with regard to how they are doing. In that
light, I wanted to share this information.

Looking through the list, these statistics were generated about our
activity. I believe this is all time statistics (since organization
inception), but someone who knows Ecartis might be able to shed light.
Despite the time frame here is some interesting data:

We currently have 250+ subscribed users.

130 of these have their vacation flag set. There are various reasons
for that.

Of the 250+ users only 146 of these have posted something.

Interesting data.....

It would be good to see this change. In posts earlier this year, we
talked about doubling our size. The only problem is, this isn't
something I can do myself.

There is one small thing that each of us can do...invite a friend.
Right now there are no dues, so its as easy as suggesting that they
sign up on our maillist.

Why do I want to double our organization? Because it will make me feel
good? Maybe :) The main reason is that if we did double our
organization, then that means that folks are actually talking about
Open Source and Linux. That's what I really want.

Right now is the time to do this. Talk to your teachers, talk to your
student friends, talk to folks that want a life of freedom from closed
source choices.

If you have never had a chance to read the Cathedral and the Bazaar,
maybe you should.

We have the whole year in front of us. Who of you are willing to step
out a little and show people of what we have been so enthusiastic about?

Mike B.