Re: Kicking around an idea

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 10:45:38 AKST

On Thursday 11 January 2007 22:47, barsalou wrote:
> As some of you know, I used to work for the State at AIDEA. This gave
> me an inside view of how the State of Alaska runs some of its IT.
>
> I've been throwing around the idea of sending an e-mail to the Governor
> that would talk about Open Source and how the State may be able to
> leverage existing infrastructure.

While we're on the subject of tech, when Palin was elected, I looked over the
list of boards and commissions and could find nothing having to do with
technology. What do you all thing of "pushing" for a commission that would
would make tech recommendations for the state, set guidelines for tech
education, and make sure the tech infrastructure that businesses need to
operate exists in this state?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111