Re: Legal use of multimdedia software

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 11:03:50 AKST

I don't think they do get away with it.

I just got my Fedora workstation at home playing DVDs again. The
versions of Totem & xine that came with fc6 seemed to have the same
crippling that the ones that comes with suse has. I had to go get xine
from Freshrpms to get something un-crippled.

The only way I've used w32 codecs is through wine (Crossover).