Re: Legal use of multimdedia software

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 11:06:01 AKST

I'm not sure how a company would fear linux because of mp3/codec issues.
There's still free codecs out there (ogg, etc) and.... most companies
prohibit the use of music players, brought in music, video, etc. With the
way companies clamp down, you'd think they'd see 'incompatibility' and
'absence of codecs' as a plus. No more listening to music, ignoring the
phone! No more pesky videos getting passed around and watch while on the
clock!

Adam