Re: System cooling

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 13:28:22 AKST

Adam Bultman wrote, on 12/6/2006 11:40 AM:
> The better money would be on buying a case that has an adequate amount of
> cooling built-in, like the Antec P180.

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to chime in on this. I have
a P180 and I love it. Two removable dust filters on the front side,
good air flow across the drive storage bays, power supply at the
bottom of the case, top-back and back-top fans, rubber drive-screw
mounts for reducing drive vibration, removable drive cage, good
noise-reducing side panels -- all in all, very quiet and cool.

My only beef is that the front case door doesn't expose the power
button -- so I have to open the front to go into standby. The front
door folds all the way back flush against the left side of the case,
which is handy.

Some good pics here:

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                - IP Engineering, ACS
personal: [first]@alaska.net                  - PGP: 3FC087DB/1776A531