Re: Default List Behavior

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@tibor.org>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 07:01:30 AKST

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Piet van Weel wrote:

> Hey Guys...
>
> Can we change the way that aklug@aklug.org behaves?
>
> Personally I would like to see more of the exchanges that go on from the
> posts on the list, but it appears (according to Thunderbird and Outlook)
> that the default behavior is to respond directly back to the poster and
> NOT to the list. aklug@aklug.org has aklug-bounce@aklug.org as the
> Sender, but it doesn't have a Reply-To: section. aklug@lists.aklug.org
> has a Reply-To: section correctly implemented; therefore, all replies
> are directed back at the list.
>
> (If you're subscribed to both lists, take a look at my message with a
> subject of "Re: Bit of an emergency!!" and you will see the difference.)
>
> Is this an undocumented feature of the current mailer?
> Or is it possible to change this feature?

It's easy to change, and it's actually the way I originally configured the
list. However some time back there were complaints because some people
replied to the list when they actually intended to reply only to the
original poster, so I changed it to the current configuration.

We can certainly change it again, but I'll defer to Mike Barsalou to make
the decision.

Mike