Re: Cool 3D desktop

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 17:42:37 AKST

I cannot view. I can only assume it's the XGL/AIGLX/Beryl/Compiz stuff?

I've been running Beryl at home and at work for a couple months now -
very cool. The 3D Cube thing isn't the most productive, but the Expose'
style window selection, the translucency and other parts of the
Beryl/Compiz setup are really cool.

If you have a 3D card and a decent proc, you should give it a try.
There's a lot of neat things you can do that take the edge of staring
at a screen all day. Who knows; maybe I'll drag my workstation down
some Friday and let people play with it.

Of course, there's always the risk of the ink on your documents running:
http://ak.glaven.org/stuff/raining.jpg

Adam