Re: UAA List Serve

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 17:48:40 AKST

Do we know how many users are unable to post?

If one or two can't post I would suggest they rejoin the list. If five
or six can't post then we may have a problem. My approach to system
administration is don't change it if it isn't broken. Managing our own
list server could cause more problems then we currently have.

   1. Do we have someone or a group that has the skills to maintain a
      list server
   2. Do these people have time to do tech support ( answer questions
      from users )
   3. Do we have the hardware

If we all agree the problem is big enough to justify hosting/managing
our own list server then I'm all for it. I just don't want to see the
problem get worse.