RE: virus? worm?

From: Jenkinson, John P \(SAIC\) <John.Jenkinson@bp.com>
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 04:23:09 AKST

this looks worth investigating

Update: since this post is having a lot of attention (more than 300
single views) Abbeyphone have provided me with a dedicated site to
create new accounts. Here you can join Abbeyphone and start using it
(with your Nokia E61 or from the Web) in a few minutes.

I've read a lot of posts talking about how difficult was to configure a
SIP account with the E61 model, and when I was starting learning how to
actually do it I was sceptic.
But thanks to the Nokia User Guide and this post, I've been able to
place my first SIP call in less than 20 minutes! And it worked fine:
audio is good, and the user experience is basically the same as a
traditional mobile phone call.Obviously, I'm using my Abbeyphone
account, so I can place PSTN calls and mobile calls from a WiFi
connected phone, using my Abbeyphone pre-paid credit: that's
amazing.Next step? I would like a "live" contact list, with presence
status indication, and some information on which is the cheapest and/or
more appropriate way to contact my buddy: GSM? SIP? SMS? Text message?
email? Something else?
Here are some instructions to configure your E61 with an Abbeyphone SIP
account:1) Tools -> Settings -> Connection -> SIP settings

Profile Name: 82.85.18.90
Service Profile: IETF
Default Access point: (your WLAN AP name)
Public user name: sip:yourabbeyphoneaccount@82.85.18.90
Use Compression: No
Registration: "When needed"
Use Security: No

Proxy Server: sip:82.85.18.90
Realm: 82.85.18.90
User Name: yourabbeyphoneaccount
Password: yourabbeyphonepassword
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport Type: UDP
Port: 5060

Registrar Server: sip:82.85.18.90
Realm: 82.85.18.90
User Name: yourabbeyphoneaccount
Password: yourabbeyphonepassword
Transport Type: UDP
Port: 5060

2) Connection -> Internet Tel Settings
Create a new profile for Abbeyphone (name: abbeyphone)
3) Connectivity -> Internet Tel -> Preferred profile
Choose "abbeyphone"
4) Registration: Connectivity -> Internet Tel -> Registration State
Select and choose "Change": if unselected, select Register

The SIP client should correctly register and you can place SIP calls
(Call menu).

Technorati Tags: Giacomo Vacca, Nokia E61, Abbeyphone, SIP, Presence

posted by Giacomo at 3:53 PM on Sep 20, 2006=20