virus? worm?

From: Jim Gribbin <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 00:58:17 AKST

I'm having something going on with the windows 2000 side of my dual
laptop. Seems to have to do with Thunderbird.

As soon as I fire up the mail client, it starts sending out data at the
maximum upload speed of my DSL connection.

I've tried using Google to run down the situation, but not having much
luck.

I appear to be sending out UDP packets from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000 to
82.85.18.90:5060 Somewhere in the Netherlands.

I've tried uninstalling Thunderbird and re-installing - no help.

I have anti-virus and a firewall running. I'm also behind a nated
gateway.

Good thing I have Linux available too, but I need the Windows side
available for work.

Jim