RE: wireless cards that work

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@ci.anchorage.ak.us>
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 08:28:24 AKDT

Have to be very careful with Belkin. They'll change chipsets or
parameters with no change to the model number of the device; if you are
lucky, they'll post a rev number as your only clue to what's there. =20

Not that Linksys or netgear or D-link or...don't do the same thing.
That's how you can tell the difference between a company with a
technical orientation and a company with a 'marketing' orientation.

I have a number of Belkin FD7050 usb 802.11bg dongles in my stable. The
rev4 uses a zd1211b, and is the only one that works even a little with
linux.

Whoever said 'fragile' earlier was being generous, IMNSHO.