Re: wireless cards that work

From: Dan Wolf <dan-wolf@gci.net>
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 07:16:44 AKDT

I have recently been looking for a wireless card that worked with Linux
without needing to use ndiswrapper and the associated Windows drivers. I
purchased a D-Link WNA-2330 which uses the Atheros chipset and it worked
out of the box using a version of Slack. I had tried one of the LinkSys
pcmcia cards and it would not work. However the Linksys WMP54G worked
(with a little effort) using Ubuntu but has been problematic so far with
KUbuntu (both Dapper drake).

YMMV