Ripping music cd's

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 18:30:02 AKDT

I have been ripping my cd collection onto a harddrive. What i have
discovered is Sound Juicer (gnome) looks up the album on the internet,
Musicbrainz, to fill in the track and artist info. A couple of things,
this only works, getting the info online, part of the time, other wise I
get no album or artist/track info . This begs the question why these
ripping/encoding programs don't read the info directly from the cd,
having to have an internet conection, or a server thats not busy seems
not the best solution.

Am I missing something in this process?

TIA

--