Re: Ripping music cd's

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 18:20:25 AKDT

On Thursday 21 September 2006 18:30, Greg Madden wrote:
> I have been ripping my cd collection onto a harddrive. What i have
> discovered is Sound Juicer (gnome) looks up the album on the internet,
> Musicbrainz, to fill in the track and artist info. A couple of things,
> this only works, getting the info online, part of the time, other wise
> I get no album or artist/track info . This begs the question why these
> ripping/encoding programs don't read the info directly from the cd,
> having to have an internet conection, or a server thats not busy seems
> not the best solution.
>
> Am I missing something in this process?

Well it sees to have been a issue with Ubuntu Edgy. for awhile I was able
to g a net address, then I had to run 'dhclient etho 0' to get a route,
then ,after an update, this conection internet stopped working, the local
interface, 192.~still worked. Once i switched to my Etch image (partiage)
all is well. I guess I put to much trust in Edgy.

Sorry for the spam.

--
Greg Madden