Re: Server Install

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 19:55:58 AKDT

First, I wanted to say thanks to those who figured out how to get
highland tech to let us use their facility. It's a nice facility and
has good access.

Second, from the feedback I got, everyone enjoyed doing the install and
we seemed to cover topics that were interesting.

So the server has some base software on it and we have loaded (but not
configured) Apache 2.0.

In a few weeks, we will get together and start configuring Apache, PHP,
Ruby and various other things to start putting the server together.

I'm going to configure the IP address and get the box placed back into
Dee's rack and all future configuration will be done using ssh into the
box (like real admins do it! :) )

Again, thanks to Graham Brookins for loaning us space on his server so
that we can rebuild our current one.

It was nice to talk with everyone and I look forward to some more fun
the next time we get together.

Mike B.