Re: linux at south anchorage high

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 18:06:41 AKDT

You could put Linux on the server. However, getting both Mac and PC
workstations to log into the server might be a problem. Can it be done?
People say it can. When I looked into it I had a hard time finding any
documentation that explained how this was done.

Apple is good at creating things that are simple. Take the Windows
server out back. Put Bills picture on it and burn it in effigy ( if you
feel like it you can dance around like they do at burning man ;-) ).
Then make the Mac server do everything. It will allow both Windows and
Mac systems to log in and access files.

All this should be doable on a Linux system once the new version of
samba comes out. It is supposed to have LDAP built in.