RE: Software Freedom Day - why did ALASKA get left out?

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 11:05:06 AKDT

Arthur Corliss wroted:
> ;-) We should get t-shirts with "I survived the ELF
> conversion" or some such nonsense. Of course, I'm not a
> greybeard like you, I only came to Linux in '95.
ELF? Heck, I survived Minix->Xia->Ext2/3

XiaFS.. hahah.

wow. That's some historical right there. Don't remember
why I went with Xia at the time instead of ext, but iirc
it was better in some fashion, and didn't have the crashes
that the ext series was prone to.

I had to download 2.0 just so I could remember the name of
that fs.

Interesting note: 2.0.1 ~ 4Mb, while 2.6.17.13 ~ 40Mb

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s