opaque windows in gnome

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 21:53:14 AKDT

I have been using a Gnome desktop, first time for me, and have a few
configuration questions. For now, though, I would like to have the
windows on my desktop be non-opaque when moving or resizing. Such a
simple thing in Wmaker, I can't seem to find the setting in Gnome. More
questions later but this one annoys me to no end since I don't have a
super duper video card to refresh my monitor.

I am running Gnome 2.16 in Ubuntu Edgy, though I also can't find the
setting in Debian etch.

TIA

Greg Madden