script vs code [was Curious question]

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 17:54:07 AKDT

* Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org> [060906 08:14]:

> I don't want to be an insufferable nitpick, but 'scripting' isn't
> 'coding'. If you talk to some IT person about how you were 'coding' last
> night, they will assume you were programming (C, C++, java,
> smalltalk, etc).

  Hmm! Where's the RFC on this topic? :-)

  I've been a programmer for 19 years and web programming for the last
  10. At first I was compiling C, C++ and assembler code and uploading
  the executables to the server. Then I went to using server-side
  interpreted languages like python and rebol, and well as javascript,
  which is interpreted client-side. I tell people that I "code in
  python,perl,lisp,javascript etc...". My co-programmer and biz partner
  "codes in perl", but we often refer to "uploading cgi scripts to the
  server".

  I used to have the word 'script', as a 'coder' the term annoyed me,
  but I've gotten used to it.....
  tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>