Re: Userful Desktop Multiplier

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 18:17:39 AKDT

i came upon this app a while back when i was trying to find information about using a single high end system as multiple workstations. i was looking for an article i read about a college somewhere switching their computer lab to linux by setting up high-end machines each acting as four separate workstations each with keyboard, mouse and monitor. the thing was the site was complete with configuration files and step-by-step instructions. for my own uses i was looking to alter their setup on my system and use it to make two separate workstations so that my girlfriend could, in effect, have her own machine without needing to buy another.

userful looked to essentially be a polished, corporate product to do the exact same thing. if anyone knows of the project i was looking for i'd appreciate a heads up...

~clay