Re: Userful Desktop Multiplier

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 16:06:19 AKDT

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, W.D.McKinney wrote:

> Has anyone every used this application ? Seems like it's better than a thin client.
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/desktopmultiplier/?branch_id=56949&release_id=235374
> Toss some info on the list if you have some.

This only makes sense in that ten keyboards & mice are cheaper that ten thin
clients. If you have any type of geographical diversity (including just
having multiple rooms or floors needing access) thin clients will likely
be as cheap if not cheaper.

Economically this makes a lot of sense and is trivial to do with your
average desktop linux at the low-end of the spectrum (~4 stations). I'd
wager that you'll find at the higher end (>10 stations) traditional thin
clients will be cheaper and perform better.

         --Arthur Corliss