Re: Er.... for Sendmail users......enough

From: Matthew Schumacher <schu@schu.net>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 09:26:44 AKDT

Adam Bultman wrote:

> Re: schu lending a hand: I may cash in on that. Cyrus, if it's not nfs
> safe, is a real bummer - since I need NFS-safeness.

I honestly think you are better off to get rid of nfs. Most mail
systems that are NFS safe trade off a lot of performance for it.
Performance comes in small indexed binary files which generally don't
work with NFS. Can't you setup your netapp to serve an iscsi target?

> One thing I DO need is a milter to let me block invalid users. We use
> postini to filter *some* users mail, but postini happily forwards any mail
> on to our servers - which we then have to bounce.

Where are you users stored? LDAP?

> Sadly, this blows greylisting out of the water (since the only mail we
> accept is via postini, and postini won't give up after one try) and I
> might need a hand inserting the milter code. But I have to get it built
> first (I have to build from source, and solaris is missing a few key
> packages required. I'm currently trying to build glibc.)

Why solaris? BTW, you don't need glibc to use sendmail.

schu