Software RAID in Ubuntu/Debain is broken!!

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 12:04:04 AKDT

I tried to switch my main file server / workstation over to Ubuntu. I
was using software RAID under Fedora Core 3. To make a long story short
Ubuntu would give me an error message. I tired several times and each
time I got the same error message.

I couldn't figure it out so I sent an email to the Ubuntu list. Here's
what I got.

    This is Debian bug #330560 that Ubuntu also suffers from[1].

I'm either going to use the workaround for Debain/Ubuntu or install
CentOS. Software RAID just works in CentOS.

Oh, you can't setup software RAID with the desktop CD. I'm using the
alternative CD. I think you can do it in server as well.