freeNX as application server?

From: Bob at Estiminc <bob@estimations.com>
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 09:11:12 AKDT

 I just recently discovered and installed a freeNX server[1] and NX
client[2]-- very cool! I got to wondering about the possibility of using it
(maybe with nomachine's Web Companion[3]?) as the foundation for an
application server.
Lets say, for example, that I have a complex financial analysis tool
developed in an OpenOffice Calc spreadsheet, that I would like to allow
selected others to use. But I don't want them to have access to anything
elseon the server.

How hard would it be to set up user accounts with extremely limited access
--like to a single OpenOffice Calc spreadsheet, for example? And to have the
spreadsheet open automatically when they login?

Bob Crosby

--- Links ---
   1 http://freenx.berlios.de/
   2 http://nomachine.com/