Re: Postfix

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 10:00:28 AKDT

On Monday 05 June 2006 09:51, Brian ThunderEagle wrote:
> I'm completely stuck, according to everything I have read this should work.
> I looked up how to set up a smart relay and it said all i have to do is set
> "relayhost" in "main.cf" to use my isp's mail server. So I set it up to
> "relayhost mail.charter.com" and now this is what I get in my logs every
> time I send a message:

Just some "friendly" advice. :) Unless you *really* need to run your own mail
server, or *really* want to learn how, I would highly suggest you simply use
your ISP's mail server. Running a mail server is probably one of the biggest
pains in system administration. It will take up the most time, and cause you
the most grief. All other system admin'ing is fun. Mail server admin'ing is
one thing I could do without.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111