RE: Would-be user coming to the meeting on Friday Night.

From: Jensen, Sean P. <SEAN.P.JENSEN@saic.com>
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 09:26:23 AKDT

Just like many places/companies, CGI doesn't officially support Linux. I'm
currently running Fedora Core 5 on my dual Xeon PII Server with a connection
to the Internet through GCI's cable modem without any problems what so ever.

GCI uses standard DHCP to assign IP address so any OS that understands this
_very_ common protocol can use GCI's cable modem to access the internet.

With that said, don't try to call GCI when you have an issue regarding setup
of the Linux box, since they don't officially support it, the people on the
other end don't have any scripts to read through to help you through your
problem. Instead email the list and I'm sure someone will be able to help
out.

Sean P. Jensen
Software Engineer
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
"From Science to Solutions"
Sean.P.Jensen@saic.com