RE: What are kids learning!!!

From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 07:11:58 AKDT

Greg Madden wrote:
> My neighbors XP box stopped working due to all the usual stuff
> Windows get infected with. He was ready to toss it so i installed
> Suse. Turns out his daughter goes to all the P2P site & Warez.com ,
> and thinks nothing is wrong with that, all my friends are doing it :-)
> . Now she wants me to FIX Suse so Warez et al just work.
>=20
> Freaks me out, she has no concept of copyright ..etc, What are kids
> learning these days. If this is public education, I want my taxes
> back.=20

Well, that's the problem right there. Parents abdicated the
responsibility to instill moral and ethical values in their kids to
complete strangers in the local school system. Just asking the question
"what are they learning" implies a lack of control and knowledge over
the content. I want my taxes back too, but we home school; we're not
getting any value for our tax dollars, but at least they're not ruining
my kids for life! <g>

> BTW, he loves Suse, everything works for him.

It is great to be able to click on questionable emails and the like and
not lose any sleep over them, install software you can trust, etc. =20

...Kevin
--=20
Kevin Miller Registered Linux User No: 307357
CBJ MIS Dept. Network Systems Admin., Mail Admin.
155 South Seward Street ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801 fax: (907 586-4500