Re: UAA QUESTIONS

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Sat May 20 2006 - 00:16:31 AKDT

YIKES! Up for what are you signing me, Stanley?

Yes, I just did a presentation where I used the Impress part of
OpenOffice. I actually prepared the 20 slide presentation with version
1.3.(whatever) and used the 2.0.(whatever) to do the actual
presentation. The latest version that comes with OOo 2.0.X has a better
feel, so I do recommend getting the latest.

I have had a little experience with blackboard. Like most Windows type
thingies, it doesn't seem to do what it says, but something else that
makes it hard (where oh where is that _Intuitive_ stuff?) to really do
what one would like to accomplish.

So, are you a student or instructor? The first thing to do of course is
get the Impress(PowerPoint) presentation working. On can save the file
in pdf, Flash (.swf) as well as PowerPoint format. Again, the latest
version (2.0.2 I think) is much, much better than the previous version.
It beats PowerPoint hands down. fgd.

Stanley Long wrote:
> Andy Firman wrote:
>
>>On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:04:51AM -0800, Tim Jordan wrote:
>>

>>>I have a co-worker that needs to put a powerpoint presentation on
>>>blackboard. I know nothing of blackboard except that students have
>>>access...
>>>The presentation he wishes to post includes links to other powerpoint
>>>presentations he designed.
>>>
>>>Can someone advise on how he can make this work? He has no availible
>>>web page to post his project to.
>>

>>Well, your first step would be to get your co-worker to use
>>OpenOffice.org Impress. Great program.
>>
>>Here is a good howto:
>>
>>http://www.aurora.edu/is/tb/34pp2bb.htm
>>

> Also, get Fielder to show you his work, and especially his methadology.

- --
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm .^. Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska /v\ "etch" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 30 Years of Service. /( )\ User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^ "irad" 301256