motherboard recommendations

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 16:38:56 AKDT

ok, forget my last question. seems the board was flaky and just bit it. while working on my previous issue the machine froze and now won't boot, post, beep, anything. i'm gonna have to RMA this one, but i'd like to get some recommendations from aklugers as to the motherboards people are using.

my needs:

socket-939 (i already have an athlon64 3700+ and would eventually like to upgrade to an X2-939)
max 4GB pc3200 ddr
SATA 3.0gb/s
SLI is irrelevant
good linux support

not asking anyone to do my hardware research for me, i'm just wondering if anyone on the list has a board close to this and can let me know how well it's working for them.

~clay