Re: system upgrade woes...

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 14:36:41 AKDT

last night i installed slackware's stock 2.4.31 kernel source, recompiled and was able to get X to start, though the nvidia drivers didn't want to compile for it. this only leads me to believe that it's something with my 2.6 kernel config that's at fault here. i'm compiling the kernel the same way i always have without issue. perhaps that's my problem. anything special as far as compiling the kernel on amd64 that i might be missing? anything that could cause lockups when starting x that i haven't found out about yet?

~clay