Re: motherboard recommendations

From: Greg Madden <pabi@acsalaska.net>
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 21:21:03 AKDT

On Monday 24 April 2006 16:38, Clay Scott wrote:
> ok, forget my last question. seems the board was flaky and just bit it.
> while working on my previous issue the machine froze and now won't
> boot, post, beep, anything. i'm gonna have to RMA this one, but i'd
> like to get some recommendations from aklugers as to the motherboards
> people are using.
>
> my needs:
>
> socket-939 (i already have an athlon64 3700+ and would eventually like
> to upgrade to an X2-939) max 4GB pc3200 ddr
> SATA 3.0gb/s
> SLI is irrelevant
> good linux support
>
> not asking anyone to do my hardware research for me, i'm just wondering
> if anyone on the list has a board close to this and can let me know how
> well it's working for them.
>
> ~clay

I use an Abit AV8, everthing works, I believe it uses the VIA chipsets. I
flashed the bios for x2 support. This is an older, in computer years ~1
1/2 years old. I would go with a board that has pci-x or e, if I was
buying now.

 Tyan gets good reviews on the Debian AMD64 list, though the newest boards
need the latest kernel.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.