MOA web site, ports used

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 10:16:09 AKDT

http://efile.muni.org/efile/

This is the online site for filing business personal property assessment
returns. The site says it accepts IE or Netscape v7.1 or greater, neither
is available for Linux. I have tried changing changing the user agent
setting to no avail.

The other requirement is the site requires access to ports other than 80,
but doesn't say which ones. Is there a way to determine the ports needed.
As a last resort I can contact the Muni.

I don't think the Muni is quite up to speed on the dangers of the
internet. Netscape may be secure, can't tell since it doesn't run on
Linux anymore. IE should be banned, and the subject of a '
"Ford Pinto" type of lawsuit. The Muni also doesn't realize that firewalls
are our line of defense against the nasties on the intent.

Same old story, but it bugs me more when I pay as much tax as I do to the
Muni.

--
Greg Madden